In this test you complete a form which collects information that will help us evaluate the Audit Logging and Node Authentication (ATNA) capabilities of your test system.
The contents of your ATNA Questionnaire are customized based on the the profiles and actors that you have registered in Gazelle Test Management for a given testing event (e.g. an IHE Connectathon). Depending on which profiles/actors you have registered for, the ATNA Questionnaire will ask you to validate audit messages for transactions you support, and you will be asked to demonstrate successful TLS connections for the transports you support (eg DICOM, MLLP, HTTP).
Before you can generate your on-line ATNA questionnaire:
- You must have a test system registered in Gazelle Test Management for an upcoming testing event.
- (See https://gazelle.ihe.net/TM/ for the 2022 IHE Connectathon; the link may differ for other testing events).
- Your test system must be registered to test an ATNA actor, e.g., Secure Node, Secure Application, Audit Record Repository.
- Your test system must have a status of "Completed" in Gazelle Test Management.
- This is because the content of the Questionnaire is build based on the profiles & actors you support. We want to know that your registration is complete.
- To check this, log in to Gazelle Test Management.
- Select menu Registration.
- On the System summary tab for your test system, you must set your Registration Status to "Completed" before you start your ATNA Questionnaire.
Log in to the GSS tool
When logging in to GSS, you will use your username & password from Gazelle Test Management for your testing event. There are separate CAS systems for different instances of Gazelle Test Management, and you will have to take this into account when logging in to GSS:
- The European CAS is linked to Gazelle Test Management at http://gazelle.ihe.net/TM/ <---This will be used for the 2022 IHE EU/NA Connectathon
- The North American CAS is linked to Gazelle Test Management at https://gazelle.iheusa.org/gazelle-na/
- If you don't have an account, you can create a new on the Gazelle Test Management home page.
On the GSS home page (http://gazelle.ihe.net/gss) find the "Login" link at the upper right of the page.
- Select either "European Authentication" or "North American Authentication"
- Enter the username and password from either Gazelle Test Management linked above.
1. In GSS, select menu Audit Trail --> ATNA Questionnaires
2. First, search for any existing questionnaires for your organization. Use the filters at the top of the page to search based on various criteria. You will only be able to access the questionnaires created for your organization's test systems. Admins and monitors can access all of them.
3. You can use the icons in the right 'Actions' column to:
- View the content of the questionnaire
- Edit it
- Delete it (administrators only)
- Review it (monitors only)
4. If no questionnaire is available for your test system, you need to create a new one.
- Click on the "New ATNA Questionnaire" button
- From the dropdown list, select the name of your test system. Note: If your system doesn't appear...
- ...is your test system registered with status of "Completed"?
- ...are you registered for ATNA Secure Node or Secure Application?
- ...is the testing session closed (ie is the connectathon over)?
- Next, click the "Back to list" button. Use the filter at the top to find your questionnaire in the list. Use the "Edit" icon in the "Action" column to begin.
5. Complete the questionnaire. You are now in the ATNA Questionnaire Editor.
- In the System details, identify the ATNA actor you support. Choose either "Secure Node (SN)" or "Secure Application (SA)"
- Complete the "Inbound network communications" tab
- Complete the "Outbound network communications" tab
- Complete the "Authentication process for local users" tab
- Complete the "Audit messages" tab. This tab is used with test 11116.
- Secure Nodes only: Complete the "Non network means for accessing PHI" tab
- Complete the "TLS Tests" tab. This tab is used with test 11109.
6. Mark your questionnaire "Ready for review"
- When all tabs in the questionnaire are complete, set the Questionnaire's status to "Ready for review" in the "Questionnaire details" section. This is a signal that you have completed your work; we do not want to have monitors evaluating incomplete questionnairs.
Depending on the testing event, the results of this test may be reviewed in advance. More typically, it will be reviewed and graded by a Monitor during the test event itself (e.g. during Connectathon week).
Note: You cannot get connectathon credit (i.e. a "Pass") for your ATNA Secure Node/Application without completing and submitting your questionnaire.