You will use the Gazelle EVSClient to validate FHIR®© Resources created by your application and/or returned by your application in response to a query.
Important notes: This test appears on the pre-Connectathon test list for actors in all FHIR-based profiles, but...
- If your actor only consumes FHIR Resources (ie it only receives them from other actors), then you can skip this test. (**However** you may be interested in testing with Resources submitted by others and collected in the tool. In the EVSClient, select menu FHIR ®©-->Validation logs and use the filters on the page to find Resources of interest to you.)
- If your application initiates a transaction containing one or more FHIR Resources in XML or JSON format, you should perform this test to use the EVSClient tool ensure the Resource(s) you create pass a schematron test.
- If your application responds to a query and returns FHIR Resource(s) in XML or JSON format, you should perform this test.
- How do I know which Resources to test? IHE transactions that transmit FHIR-based Resources identify the actor(s) and the applicable Resources. We will not restate the requirements for each actor here, but here are three examples:
- An PDQm Patient Demographics Supplier responds to an [ITI-78] query by sending a Bundle of one or more Patient Resources
- An MHD Document Source sends [ITI-65]. That transaction contains a DocumentManifest Resource, 1 or more DocumentReference Resource, zero or more List Resources, and zero or more Binary Resources.
- A mACM Alert Reporter sends an [ITI-84] alert request that contains a CommunicationRequest Resource. The Alert Aggregator's [ITI-84] response contains a CommunicationRequest Resource and Communication Resource(s).
- What kind of validation is performed? The FHIR Resource validators in the EVSClient test the 'base requirements' for the Resources defined in HL7 FHIR. Some IHE Profiles define extensions or additional constraints on Resources that are not tested here.
- Identify the FHIR Resources applicable to the IHE transactions supported by your application
- Access the Gazelle EVSClient application: http://gazelle.ihe.net/EVSClient
- From the EVS Client user interface, select menu FHIR ®©-->Validate. (The menu enables you to choose a version of FHIR. In most cases, you will choose the most recent version, but some IHE profiles may be currently based on an earlier version of HL7 FHIR.)
- Upload the XML file for the Resource produced by your application
- Select the correct Schematron from the dropdown list:
- Click on Validate.
- Repeat as needed for other Resources.
- The EVSClient creates a Permanent link to your results under FHIR®© -->Validation Logs
- For this pre-Connectathon test in gazelle, paste the Permanent link(s) to your results into the comment field, instead of uploading a log file. You may have more than one result to report.
- Change the status of the test to Verified by vendor