This test applies to test systems that have implemented one or more IHE Profiles based on HL7 ®© FHIR ®©. The test applies to both Servers and Clients.
==> For Pre-Connectathon: You will create a FHIR CapabilityStatement Resource that represents the FHIR capabilities in your system/product, i.e. CapabilityStatement.kind has value "instance". You will upload it as a sample into Gazelle Test Management. Finally, you will use Gazelle EVSClient to validate your CapabilityStatement Resource.
IHE has published CapabilityStatements for FHIR-based IHE profiles here: https://github.com/IHE/fhir/tree/master/CapabilityStatement
==> Later during Connectathon: Connectathon no-peer test "01_DoThis1st_CapabilityStatement" describes handling of FHIR CapabilityStatements during the IHE Connectathon.
- If your test system implements FHIR Server capabilities, we expect you to be able to respond to a FHIR capabilities interaction (https://www.hl7.org/fhir/http.html#capabilities) to make your CapabilityStatement available to test partners and monitors. Connectathon monitors will have tools to enable them to retrieve and review the CapabilityStatement for your test system.
- If your test system implements only FHIR Client capabilities, we will ask you to upload your CapabilityStatement to a common FHIR Server deployed at the Connectathon.
Reference: IHE (ITI) Appendix Z on HL7 FHIR, Section Z.3: "HL7 FHIR allows service implementers to publish a CapabilityStatement Resource describing the resources, transport, formats, and operations that can be performed on a series of resources for the service instance. The CapabilityStatement Resource is described in FHIR: http://hl7.org/fhir/CapabilityStatement.html. Actors providing http server functionality shall publish a CapabilityStatement on the metadata endpoint as described in FHIR http://hl7.org/fhir/R4/http.html#capabilities."
Instructions for Pre-Connectathon
- Create a CapabilityStatement Resource that represents the FHIR capabilities in your test system/product.
- Upload the XML file for the CapabilityStatement Resource into Gazelle Test Management under Connectathon-->Connectathon--> List of Samples. On the Samples to share tab, upload your XML under the FHIR CapabilityStatement entry. (Refer to these help pages for details on this task in Gazelle). Though most will have one CapabilityStatment, you may upload more than one file.
- After you upload the file, in the Actions column, find the green icon to validate the sample using EVSClient.
- Within EVSClient, you will find a FHIR ®© menu to use for performing Resource validation.
- Validate your CapabilityStatement Resource for FHIR R4. The validation result should show "Passed".
- The EVSClient creates a Permanent link to your results under FHIR®© -->Validation Logs
- To record your results for this pre-Connectathon test in Gazelle Management, paste the Permanent link(s) to your EVSClient validation results into the comment field (ie. instead of uploading a log file).
- Change the status of the pre-Connectathon test to Verified by vendor
NOTE: You will be asked to provide this CapabilityStatement during Connectathon, so it is to your benefit to do this in advance of Connectathon.