Warning: This documentation is out-dated, newest version of the documentation is available at https://gazelle.ihe.net/gazelle-documentation
The PatientManager tool integrates the Patient Identity Source actor as defined in the Patient Identifier Cross-Referencing profile (PIX) and Patient Identifier Cross-Referencing profile HL7V3 (PIXV3) integration profiles.
That means that the tool is able to initiate the following transactions:
- Patient Identity Management (ITI-30)
- Patient Identity Feed (ITI-8)
- Patient Identity Feed HL7V3 (ITI-44)
Before sending your first message to your system under test, do not forget to register it as a Patient Identifier Cross-Reference Manager in the tool. To do so, go to
- SUT Configurations --> HL7 Responders (for PIX)
- SUT Configurations --> HL7V3 Responders (for PIXV3)
Patient Identity Management (ITI-30)
Refer to the following section of the documentation Patient Manager - ITI-30 initiator.
Patient Identity Feed (ITI-8)
The pages dedicated to this transaction is available from the menu PIX/PIXV3 --> Patient Identity Source --> [ITI-8] Patient identity Feed.
For more detailed information on how to generate and send an ADT message, read the page of this user manual dedicated to the PAM Patient Encounter Supplier actor. The same page layout is shared by those actors and the process flow is the same. Only the choice of events differs.
Patient Identity Feed HL7V3 (ITI-44)
The pages dedicated to this transaction is available from the menu PIX/PIXV3 --> Patient Identity Source --> [ITI-44] Patient identity Feed HL7V3.
For documentation, refer to Patient Manager - ITI-30 initiator with the following differences:
- Only three events are available
- Add Patient Record (= Create new patient)
- Revise Patient Record (= Update patient information)
- Patient Identity Merge (= Merge patients)
- Messages sent are those defined in the ITI-44 transaction (HL7V3)
- PRPA_IN201301UV02 (Add Patient Record)
- PRPA_IN201302UV02 (Revise Patient Record)
- PRPA_IN201304UV02 (Patient Identity Merge)
- Patient Identity Merge
- incorrect patient is used to populate the InReplacementOf element of the PRPA_IN201304UV02 message
- correct patient is the survival patient and is transmitted in the Patient element.