This test applies to Patient Identity Consumers in the PIX, PIXv3, or PIXm Profiles.
This test is performed with the Patient Manager simulator http://gazelle.ihe.net/PatientManager acting as a Patient Identity Cross-Reference Manager (PIX Manager) responding to these queries. Note that the test steps are the same no matter the transaction...you will choose the transaction(s) supported by your Consumer.
- ITI-9- PIX Query (HL7v2)
- ITI-45 - PIX Query (HL7v3)
- ITI-83 - PIX Query (HL7 FHIR STU3)
Tool documentation is located at http://gazelle.ihe.net/content/patient-manager-user-manual
- Go to menu All Patients and, in the drop-down box "Simulated actor", select PAT_IDENTITY_X_REF_MANAGER. The page then lists the patients known by the PIX Manager simulator.
- Choose one or more of the available patients to use as the target for your query in this test.
In these steps, you will use the Patient Manager as a PIX Manager Simulator to respond to your PIX Query.
- Access the Patient Manager tool: http://gazelle.ihe.net/PatientManager
- Go to menu PIX-->Patient Identity Cross-Reference Manager
- Next, select HL7v2 Configuration, HL7v3 Configuration, or FHIR Configuration
- The tool will now display the configuration details you will need to query the PIX Manager Simulator. Ensure the status of the Simulator is "Running"
- Perform your query.
- You can use menu HL7 messages to find the query & response captured by the tool.
- Take a screenshot of your application or your database as a proof of receipt of the query response. Retrieve the permanent link to the transaction instance, and paste that as evidence for this test.
- If you support more than one transaction (ITI-9, ITI-45, ITI-84), you should repeat these steps for all you support.
The permanent link captures the message exchange. The screen shot demonstrates that you have successfully processed the received query response(s).