This test applies to Patient Identifier Cross-Reference Managers (PIX Managers) in the PIX, PIXv3 or PIXm Profiles.
This test is performed with the Patient Manager simulator http://gazelle.ihe.net/PatientManager acting as a PIX Consumer to initiate these queries. Note that the test steps are the same no matter the transaction...you will choose the transaction(s) supported by your Supplier.
- ITI-9 - PIX Query (HL7v2)
- ITI-45 - PIX Query (HL7v3)
- ITI-83 - PIX Query (HL7 FHIR STU3)
Tool documentation is located at http://gazelle.ihe.net/content/patient-manager-user-manual
- Before starting test steps, please configure the tool to query your PIX Manager application using the SUT Configurations menu in the tool to enter your configuration parameters.
In these steps, you will use the Patient Manager as a PIX Consumer Simulator to initiate a PIX Query to your PIX Manager
- Access the Patient Manager tool: http://gazelle.ihe.net/PatientManager
- Go to menu PIX-->Patient Identity Consumer
- Next, select ITI-9, or ITI-45, or ITI-83
- In the 'System under test' drop down list, select the entry for your PDQ Supplier'
- Next, enter values for the Query parameters (eg for Patient ID and assigning authority) to build a query that will match patient(s) in your Patient Demographic Supplier database. When you are ready to initiate the query, select the 'Send message' button.
- You can use menu HL7 messages to find the query & response captured by the tool.
- Retrieve the permanent link to the transaction instance, and paste that as evidence for this test.
- If you support more than one transaction (ITI-9, ITI-45, ITI-83), you should repeat these steps for all you support.
The permanent link captures the message exchange.