This test concerns the bi-directional Analyzer actor. You will need to validate with EVSClient tool the IHE conformance of your HL7 messages.
As your system implements the Analyzer actor and supports the bi-directional communication option, you will need to test the HL7 messages used in the LAB-27, LAB-28 and LAB-29 transactions.
Your system must be able to send HL7 messages (to the Analyzer Manager actor) of types :
- QBP^Q11^QBP_Q11, for the LAB-27 transaction (Query for AWOS)
- ORL^O34^ORL_O34, for the LAB-28 transaction (Analytical Work Order Step Broadcast)
- OUL^R22^OUL_R22, for the LAB-29 transaction (AWOS Status Change)
To test the IHE conformance of your HL7 messages, go to the EVSCLient tool at this location : EVSClient
If it is your first time with this tool, please read the user manual : EVSClient User Manual
In the EVSClient tool, go to the HL7 menu entry and choose "HL7v2" then click on "Message Validation".
Paste your message to validate in the box, and hit the "Guess" button to preset the Profile OID.
For example, for the QBP^Q11^QBP_Q11 message :
- Copy the QBP^Q11^QBP_Q11 HL7 message from your system. Paste it in the box in the EVSClient page.
- Select the Message profile OID according to your message. In this example :
- Affinity Domain : IHE
- Domain : Laboratory
- Actor : Analyzer
- Transaction : LAB-27
- Message Type : QBP^Q11^QBP_Q11
- HL7 Version : HL7v2.5.1
- Once you have selected the Profile OID, press the "Validate" button. If the Validation Result is not "PASSED", it means your HL7 message is not according to the LAW Profile of the Laboratory Technical Framework. If the Validation Result is "PASSED", copy the "Permanent link" and paste it in Gazelle as the result of this test. For further details, see this tutorial : How enter your pre-connectathon test result in Gazelle (only for the LAW, LCSD and LBL Profiles of the Laboratory Domain) ?
Do this for all messages and don't forget to copy/paste the "Permanent link" of the validation result to Gazelle.
- The validation status shall be "PASSED" for all messages.
- The message type shall be the right message type, according to IHE.
- The Acknowledgment code of the ORL^O34^ORL_O34 message shall be "AA" (MSA-1).
- Each of the three messages must be validated at least one time and the permanent link must be paste to Gazelle.