The Order Manager tool is able to act in transactions RAD-4 (procedure scheduled) and RAD-13 (procedure update) as both Order Filler and Image Manager (or Report Manager).
- Radiology/Order Filler/[RAD-4/RAD-13] Scheduled/Update procedures: Send procedures to your Image/Report Manager using our Order Filler
- Radiology/Image Manager/Configuration gives you the connection information to send messages to our Image Manager.
From version 4.0.0, the Order Manager tool supports the SWF.b profile. It will be able to handle and validate the OMG messages your SUT sent to it. You can also ask the tool to use HL7v2.5.1 instead of HL7v2.3.1 when configuring the message to send to your SUT, to do so, tick the "Send HL7v2.5.1 messages ?" checkbox.
Order Filler sends procedure notifications
The application offers you two ways of creating procedures:
- Schedule a procedure for an order already created within the Order Filler. This can be useful if you want to test a workflow and the Order Filler actor is missing and thus replaced by the tool
- Schedule a procedure for an order you create from scratch. This feature may be useful if you only need to test the behaviour of your Image Manager.
In those two cases, the procedure information are retrieved from an XML file which is used to map the ordering codes with the procedure informations. By now, we create only one requested procedure per order. If when reading those files you notice that an ordering code and/or procedure code your system supports is not available, please provide us with those informations and we will append them in our configuration files.
Ordering Codes (SVS file): http://gazelle.ihe.net/RetrieveValueSet?id=22.214.171.124.4.1.21367.101.118
Procedure mapping: http://gazelle.ihe.net/examples/Bern2012-orderHierarchy.xml
The first time you use the application to send a procedure scheduled message to your Image Manager, you must register your system under test into the application, that means, providing the application with your connection informations: IP address, port, receiving application/facility. To do so, go to the SUT Configurations menu and click on the "Create a configuration..." button.
Then, go to Radiology/Order Filler/[RAD-4/RAD-13] Procedure Scheduled/Update and follow the instructions below.
- Select your system under test in the drop-down list and verify the connection information. Also check on your system under test that no firewall rules prevent Gazelle servers from accessing your system.
- Select "Procedure scheduled" as action to perform. The list of available orders should be displayed
- You can restrain the search by using both the filters on columns and the research fields above the table. When you have found the order you want to use, click on the select link in the last column of the table.
- The Requested Procedure is then created by the application and you only have to set the Scheduled Procedure step start date/time and eventually the modality type (if not specified in the mapping file)
- Finally click on "Send message" and wait for the application to receive the acknowledgement from your system. As a last step, you can validate the conformance of the acknowledgement your system has sent against our HL7 message profile.
According to the table gathering the required order control codes and order statuses (Table 4.13-1 in RAD TF volume 1), there are 4 actions that the Order Filler and the Image Manager must be able to support. Those actions are gathered in the "Action to perfom" list.
- Procedure Update: cancel order request
- Procedure Update: discontinue order request
- Procedure Update: change order request
- Procedure Update: order has been completed
For the two first ones, you only have to select a procedure and to hit the "Yes" button when the pop-up raises. For the two last ones, you will be asked to update the start date/time and then you can press the "Send message" button. Note that once a procedure is cancelled, discontinued or said as completed, it does not show up again in the list of available procedures.
Image Manager receives procedure notifications
The Image Manager actor acts as responder in the transactions RAD-4 and RAD-13. As a consequence, you will have to feed your system under test with the connection information of this part of the tool. As mentionned earlier in this page, you must be logged in to access those information.
Go to Radiology/Image Manager/Configuration
Once your system is configured to communicate with the tool, you can send it ORM^O01^ORM_O01 messages as defined for transactions RAD-4 and RAD-13. Note that, the Image Manager implemented in the Order Manager only plays a role of a message recipient. New procedure will be created, updated, cancelled... according to the message content but no other actions will be taken by this part of the tool.
If you want to see how the messages you have sent have been integrated by the tool, go to the section Radiology/Image Manager/Browse Data.