Monitors are volunteer domain experts who assist the Connectathon Manager in overseeing testing.
- They develop special expertise in an IHE domain or set of profiles
- They verify test results and record them in testing management system (Gazelle)
- They help clarify requirements when necessary
- They are neutral arbiter without affiliation to any organizations participating in testing.
Usually the monitor qualifications are among the followings
- IT administrator with a technical background involved in daily integration issues
- Used to reading log messages and dump files from devices to troubleshoot issues
- Willingness to read details of Integration Profiles and base standards
- Skeptical, but with sense of humor and positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task and work under stress
- Interested in helping identify and resolve issues
Monitors are recruited from major health IT professional societies and provider organizations.
The North American and European connectathons require a team of about 40 to 50 monitors.Sponsors provide training and support for travel expenses to Connectathon.
A call for volunteer monitors is issued few month ahead of the connectathon. In both Europe and North America, the monitors who are candidates for a connectathon fill out an application form prior to being selected.
Click here to get resources for EUCAT Monitors.